Sunday, October 7, 2012

It has been a while since I posted anything up here. Currently in a state of reflection of my life and realized I really missed writing. Now it may be that once I get out of this funk I will abandon it once again, but I hope not. I actually enjoy writing, it can be a nice release at times. Plus in a world that can be so hectic it just feels good to stop every once in a while, slow down and put thoughts down on paper.

A little catch up for you. Did not get to go to Afghanistan which was a pretty big bummer for me. Basically my foot never really healed properly after the surgery. So it wasn't for lack of effort on my part, just was not meant to be. I was in and out of casts and splints for most of the year. Finally that all seems to be behind me. The VA keeps talking about more surgeries but I am really not interested. I told them the only way I was getting back on the operating table is if my Achilles snaps in half.

But now I am back in school in the Automation Technologies program at my local community college. Basically building, programming and repairing robots used in manufacturing. Of course the old doubts have already started to surface, is this the right program for me yadda yadda yadda. I think it is. I would love to make my living as a writer but the simple fact remains that I need to get a skill set that I can actually make money with. Don't get me wrong, you can make money as a writer but thinking that you are going to become J.K Rowlings right off the bat is the same thing as thinking that your rock and roll band will become automatically famous. Plus I really like to write what I want to write when I want to write it, not a good job plan. So I am going to stick with the Robotics program, I can always write on the side.

So there you have it, I actually still have a bunch of stuff to write about concerning my time in Iraq and life in the Army and perhaps a little personal reflection on occasion. I had thought about changing the title of this blog as I had originally created it as more of a war journal. But the more I thought about it the more it still made sense even on a personal level. Not saying much for my psyche I know but hey what can you do. Hell I don't even know if people read this thing anymore, but I am going to keep writing anyways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still reading. Keep writing.